How many of these English prepositions do you know?
Look up any words you don't know the meaning of in the dictionary, and then scroll down the page to do a quiz.
Poster Credit: Edward Howell on Wikipedia Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported license.
Choose a preposition or prepositional phrase from the list above to complete these sentences.
1) My bus was late today (because of/against/between) heavy traffic.
2) I often enjoy walking in the park (because of/within/during) my lunch break.
3) The banks are closed (until/to/into) Monday morning.
4) It's very wet (outside/out of/without) today, so take an umbrella if you go out.
5) Take care when stepping (below/off/down) the kerb!
6) Parking (out of/before/in front of) the doctor's surgery is not allowed.
Click on the link below to check your answers.
Using Prepositions - Answers >>
Free Online Exercises for Intermediate English Students >>
Free Grammar Quizzes for English Learners>>